This creation came about while wanting something special for Christmas. It is a basic 8 cord pattern. I strung beads on all 8 cords Looking at the pattern graph in Jacqui Carey's book "Creative Kumihimo", I figured out how to space the beads so they would be strung on both sides of the braid. For some reason, doing this flattened out this part of the braid.
8 - 1mm Red Satin Cording
8mm silver beads
Braid 1.5in without beads.
1. Bead next L up/ R down.
2. Braid next 8 cords without beads
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 for desired length
4. Bead all 8 cords for desired length of center piece
5. Using the bead placement of the first section of the necklace, align the "side by side" beads to
match sides and repeat steps 1 & 2 for length.
6. Braid 1.5in without beads.
7. End braid.
If you try this pattern and find mistakes or you have any questions, please leave a comment. I plan to make another necklace and carefully write more precise instructions.