Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Lady at the Doctor's Office

Today I went to the doctor with my aunt and sister.  As always, my Kumihimo went with me.  A lady in a wheelchair came into the waiting room with her daughter and caregiver.  They, of course, were curious and I told them a little about what I was doing.  At some point, the receptionist called her to the desk.  When she came back to her place, she told her daughter that she wanted to sit next to me.  I showed her what I was doing and how to move the ribbons around the disk. 

Well, let me tell you, within 10 minutes, she was working the disk on her own.  She made a braid about 4" long while waiting to be called in for her appointment.  Her daughter and caregiver were amazed.  Her daughter told me that since she became ill a few months ago, she showed no interest in doing anything. 

When they left to see the doctor, I finished her braid by making it into a key fob.  I sent it into her by a nurse.  A few minutes later, the daughter came out and thanked me for giving a little life and excitement to her mom.  She also told me she was going to Hobby Lobby this week... for disks and yarn for the 3 of them.  Boy, I wish I had thought about taking pictures...  And I will hopefully see her again.  She attends the same senior activity center I attend.  God is very good at making intersections in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment