Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Stringing Magatamas - Up or Down

I always take my Kumihimo to church with me while I'm waiting on my ride to finish church paper work and business.  I had bought some magatamas a while back and decided to finally give them a try.  But trying to put them on so they would all be facing the same directions was really puzzling.   After about 10 trys, I finally caught on to the secret. 

If you will notice when stringing them, the thread either goes in an upward or a downward movement.  So decide which direction you want to string them (thread up or thread down) and stick with that direction.  Once I learned this little trick, I had no problem stringing.  Now to get busy and finish.

My senior citizen activity center is having an "Artist Wall" this May.  My jewelry class instructor is asking each class member to submit at least 2 pieces each.  The pieces will be judged the middle of April for admission to be displayed.  I am going to make a Kumihimo piece and a St. Petersburg bead stitch piece.  I'll let you know if my pieces are chosen.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm.... I have some long magatamas, I will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete